Application Policy and Procedures
Please start by filling out the application below and providing us with your supporting documents (submit those you have available, you will have the opportunity to submit all documents prior to enrollment). For the most thorough assistance and for your application to be viewed immediately by a physician consultant, please submit at least your ID, Resume, and medical education history documents with your application. You will be notified within typically 24-48hrs if there is an available clerkship/externship or other program that meets your location and date requirements.
There may be a short telephone interview by one of our program coordinators to further evaluate applicant suitability for the program or a specific clinical site, to evaluate a candidate’s English proficiency, and to address any elements of the application not entirely clarified with the supporting documents.
You will receive the name and location of the clinical affiliations after a deposit has been placed. The name of your preceptor, any additional clinical sites, and initial scheduling information is released upon the final tuition balance payment. You will then have an opportunity to clarify any questions about that particular site. If you choose to reserve a particular proposed site and dates, you have the option of submitting a $200 deposit, which will secure your placement for a Standard program or $500, which will secure a placement for a Premium program. This deposit is non-refundable after 8 weeks before your clerkship/externship/USCE start date.
Full tuition payment for a clerkship/externship must be submitted no later than 4 weeks before the start date of a Standard clerkship/externship and 8 weeks before a Premium program. Our refund and rescheduling policy may be found below. On the first date of the clerkship/externship, you are to arrive at the site at a predetermined time for a short meeting with your preceptor to review your clerkship/externship goals, objectives, and expectations.
Your letter of recommendation will be provided no later than 4 weeks after the last date of the clerkship/externship, provided you satisfactorily complete the clerkship/externship and meet the goals and objectives as discussed with your preceptor at the start of the clerkship/externship. All Letters of Recommendation are performance-based, written personally by your preceptor, and do not mention MedClerkships. Our preceptors also offer the services of uploading letters directly to ERAS, if needed.
Please fill out the application below and attach all required supporting documents.
Deposit, Refund, & Rescheduling Policy:
- Students have the option of placing a $200 deposit for STANDARD or $500 for select PREMIUM programs greater than 6 weeks (STANDARD) and 8 weeks (PREMIUM) in the future- Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks prior to your reserved clerkship/externship/elective start date
- Tuition payments must be made in full no later than 4 weeks for STANDARD & no later than 8 weeks for PREMIUM prior to the program start date and are refundable up to 6 weeks before your rotation start date for STANDARD and up to 8 weeks in advance for PREMIUM programs
- Once preceptor information has been assigned and made available, tuition fees are refundable only with an official government visa rejection notice. However, students are allowed to reschedule to an equivalent program if providing 8 weeks’ notice, or greater, at no additional cost, pending availability
- Any rescheduling and/or date changes after 6 weeks prior to your start date may be subject to an additional rescheduling fee. MedClerkships will attempt to schedule an equivalent program but the same program cannot be guaranteed, as it is based on availability
- Any travel, transportation, and/or lodging fees incurred are not the responsibility of MedClerkships. Hospital affiliations alone should not be the basis of lodging & travel plans. Please follow up with your coordinator and student contract for greater clarification on unforeseen circumstances (such as preceptor illness, absence, etc), if needed
- Once a student enrollment letter has been issued, there is a $300 non-refundable hold placed on your account. This is part of your account balance and not an additional fee, only applies once enrollment letter has been issued. Regardless of outcome, this fee is non-refundable at that point, no exceptions
- Full refund exceptions are made with any visa denials/rejections. If you provide official embassy rejection/denial proof, we will refund your fees in full regardless of when notice is given
MedClerkships does not sell or rent any personal data submitted by visitors to our site to any third parties. At this time, MedClerkships does not collect personal data except for use in the enrollment or application process. In the future MedClerkships may collect personal data, in which case, the following rules apply: The company respects the privacy of users visiting our web sites and will abide by all applicable laws concerning the release of personal information. On occasion, we may use certain directory information that we have collected to send you information about products and services, or updates and other information we think may be of interest to you. Any user reviews, student interviews, and feedback submitted to MedClerkships may be used for promotional marketing materials.