What are the normal tuition fees for a 4-week program?
Our programs are a minimum of 4 weeks in duration. Tuition fees for single 4-week blocks typically begin from $2,000. Discounted packages are available starting at 12 weeks and longer.
What is included in basic 4-week tuition fees?
- 4 weeks of hands-on clinical experience under the supervision of a board-certified physician
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based LOR
- Access to MedClerkships Research Network (MCRN)
- Access to certification gateway where you can obtain HIPAA, OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen, Infection Control, & more (1 year access to unlimited exams)
- Medical liability insurance coverage
- CV & Personal Statement review/revision (up to 2 total edits)
- Limited housing assistance, if needed
- Complimentary residency consultation call with an assigned IMG mentor
- Complimentary interview analysis & tips with exit interview sessions (ask to download your interview sessions for future reference)
Can I place a deposit or downpayment to reserve a program?
What is the recommended timeframe I should apply for programs I’m interested in?
When is my tuition balance due?
Do you offer any discounts?
Yes, our program discounted packages begin with all clinical blocks totaling 12 weeks and longer. Incremental discount packages are available at 3, 6, and 12months. Custom packages of any # of months greater than 12 can also be provided at custom discounted rates.
What is the application process?
Our application policy and procedures can be found directly on our application page at www.medclerkships.com/apply. There you will also find our application page. Fill out the application with as much accurate information as possible. Please note: partial applications are acceptable. Submit your application and a coordinator will review with the physician advisor team.
How do I select a program?
Do your programs qualify as hands-on US clinical experience?
What specialties are available?
- AMBULATORY SURGERY
- PAIN MANAGEMENT
- INFECTIOUS DISEASE
- INTERNAL MEDICINE
- EMERGENCY MEDICINE
- FAMILY MEDICINE
- URGENT CARE
- VASCULAR SURGERY
- CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY
- THORACIC SURGERY
- New York, NY
- Chicago, IL
- Washington DC
- Midland, MI
- Atlanta, GA
- Edison, NJ
- Houston, TX
- Baltimore, MD
- Miami, FL
- Phoenix, AZ
- + Adding More
When will you receive the name of your preceptor?
Official policy states that we do not divulge the name of the hospital until after confirming enrollment and paying a deposit. We do provide all the relevant information that our students need to choose their elective, including housing options and general schedule. We also offer applicants an opportunity to speak with former students, when possible, who have previously completed a rotation cycle or with an existing resident who can offer a first hand perspective of the day-to-day experience that an applicant can expect. Once we receive the application and deposit we can determine specialty and location availability. Once tuition has been paid in full, preceptor and preliminary scheduling information is released.
Will I receive a letter of recommendation at the conclusion of the experience?
Our preceptors are well aware of the requirements of the application process and are very willing to write supportive letters for candidates who distinguish themselves during the observership/elective/clerkship/externship. Our preceptors commit to providing supportive letters to such candidates in a timely manner at the conclusion of the clerkship/elective. MedClerkships guarantees the opportunity to gain a performance-based LOR. However, it is ultimately up to the discretion of the physician. If you do not adhere to program guidelines, mistreat patients, show unprofessionalism, or violate the physician’s rules in any way, the physician may choose to not grant you a letter.
Will my LOR explain my nature of experience?
All of our preceptors are individuals who understand the requirements of the application process and the letters of recommendation comment on those qualities that program directors weigh heavily in their decision.
Do I need to have Step2 completed before the end of my clerkship/elective?
Our sites all have different requirements with regards to licensing. Some sites only offer hands on externships to applicants who have full ECFMG certification. These sites do allow applicants who have yet to take their examinations to do clerkships/electives that do not involve direct patient care.
What will my schedule be like?
Each site and preceptor has a unique schedule. Most sites involve a combination of inpatient and outpatient experience. We do our best to tailor the schedule based on an applicant’s requests and goals.
Will I have time to study for upcoming exams?
We understand that many of our students are in the process of taking their licensing examinations and may be studying for those examinations during the clinical experience. We work with applicants to create a schedule that allows them to adequately prepare for examinations.
Does the experience qualify for school credit?
We do work with your school to make sure your experience meets the requirements for your schools curriculum. The decision to offer academic credit lies with the school. We do provide all the documents needed by the school to grant credit for the experience.
Can I delay start date or make changes after I enroll?
We do allow applicants to delay the start date in the event of extenuating circumstances such as visa issues and family emergencies as long as the preceptor approves. As per our policy, the deposit becomes nonrefundable 6-8 weeks before the start date and tuition becomes nonrefundable 4-8 weeks before the experience, so we ask applicants who intend to withdraw to notify us before those deadlines to make any changes.
Are there any additional charges?
No, there are no additional or hidden charges beyond tuition fees. This is not including any personal physical exam, drug screenings, and/or background checks (only required for some Premium Programs) that may be required for your program. Applicants can choose to obtain liability coverage on their own and receive a credit to their tuition or take advantage of our extended coverage options.
What documentation is required for application?
A valid US ID and/or passport from your country of origin, CV/resume, Copy of diploma for graduates or transcripts (or dean’s letter of good standing) from your medical school for students, immunization & health records.
Do I need all supporting documents upon application?
We certainly accept partial applications. All applicants are immediately placed on the wait list of their desired programs. You can submit all documents at a later date to complete your requirements. All documents MUST be received and cleared by the deadline for your program, no exceptions.
Will you provide assistance with a visa invitation letter?
A foreign national wishing to participate in any MedClerkships Programs shall be responsible for obtaining a B-1 (Visitor for Business) or B-2 (Visitor for Tourism) non-immigrant visa from the appropriate authorities or for entering the United States under the VWB (Visa Waiver for Business) or VWT (Visa Waiver for Tourism) Program. MedClerkships.com will release to qualified enrolled students an official client enrollment letter with details regarding location at which the rotation has been scheduled. Additionally, these letters will only be granted upon completion of full tuition payment. Additional visa guidance can be acquired through our trusted immigration legal counsel, at an additional fee.
Do you provide a price guarantee?
All program details and rates will be honored at the time of full enrollment, guaranteed. However, rates are subject to change as new preceptor, clinical affiliate site, and medical education agreements are made, expire, and/or are renegotiated.
What is your refund and rescheduling policy?
- Students have the option of placing a $200 deposit for STANDARD or $500 for select PREMIUM programs greater than 6 weeks (STANDARD) and 8 weeks (PREMIUM) in the future- Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks prior to your reserved clerkship/externship/elective start date
- Tuition payments must be made in full no later than 4 weeks for STANDARD & no later than 8 weeks for PREMIUM prior to the program start date and are refundable up to 6 weeks before your rotation start date for STANDARD and up to 8 weeks in advance for PREMIUM programs
- Once preceptor information has been assigned and made available, tuition fees are refundable only with an official government visa rejection notice. However, students are allowed to reschedule to an equivalent program if providing 8 weeks’ notice, or greater, at no additional cost, pending availability
- Any rescheduling and/or date changes after 6 weeks prior to your start date may be subject to an additional rescheduling fee. MedClerkships will attempt to schedule an equivalent program but the same program cannot be guaranteed, as it is based on availability
- Any travel, transportation, and/or lodging fees incurred are not the responsibility of MedClerkships. Hospital affiliations alone should not be the basis of lodging & travel plans. Please follow up with your coordinator and student contract for greater clarification on unforeseen circumstances (such as preceptor illness, absence, etc), if needed
- Full refund exceptions are made with any visa denials/rejections. If you provide official embassy rejection/denial proof, we will refund your fees in full regardless of when notice is given
What is your policy regarding personal data and privacy?
MedClerkships does not sell or rent any personal data submitted by visitors to our site to any third parties. At this time, MedClerkships does not collect personal data except for use in the enrollment or application process. In the future MedClerkships may collect personal data, in which case, the following rules apply: The company respects the privacy of users visiting our web sites and will abide by all applicable laws concerning the release of personal information. On occasion, we may use certain directory information that we have collected to send you information about products and services, or updates and other information we think may be of interest to you.
Do you offer referral commission?
Yes, we offer referral commissions for each successfully referred student to our programs. Commissions are paid out in the form of paypal, cash, or discounts on future programs. If interested in greater student outreach programs for the chance to earn steady commissions, join our MedClerkships Diplomat Program. Inquire today!